Last year, we were told that exams will be conducted no matter what happens. We studied dedicatedly but at the end no exam was conducted. This year, when we did not had any chance for proper education, exams are forced upon us.
Due to following reasons, we are not able to sit in exams:
- Online classes were not upto the standard of education required
- Schools that opened struggled with delivering the curriculum due to on/off schedules
- A lot of students and there families contracted Covid-19, leading to distraction from self study
- Hostel students were forced back to home where they had no environment for study
- Most countries have promoted students based on predicted grades which put them at advantage over us
- Local boards reduced the syllabus but CIEs didn't had this option
- FSC exams have been delayed while we weren't given any extra time
Our future is at stake because we did not had enough time nor quality education to be able to face the tough exams, while having difficulty to compete in upcoming limited universities admission seat against those students/countries who are having more flexible and student friendly policies.
Along with all of this, the unfair policy by Cambridge International that exams will be canceled in 10 countries including there home country, UK causes great frustation for our parents in general and students specifically.
We therefore request our Hon Education Minister, Mr. Shafqat Mehmood to kindly take a stand for the children of Pakistan and announce exam cancellation policy for the current educational year.
We also request Juliet Wilson, Director of Assessment, Cambridge International to listen to our plea and cancel the exams to have a uniform policy for students of all the countries.